You are here
Home > Blog > Josh Jackson Returns to Kansas Lineup Following 1-Game Suspension

Josh Jackson Returns to Kansas Lineup Following 1-Game Suspension

Freshman star Josh Jackson is set to return to the Kansas lineup for the Jayhawks’ first game of the 2017 NCAA Tournament against UC Davis.

Jackson is coming off a one-game suspension appointed by Bill Self following an incident where the freshman backed into a parked car and left the scene. KU lost to TCU in their first game of Big 12 Championship during Jackson’s absence.

On Thursday the freshman guard was asked about distractions stemming from the team’s off-court incidents this season, including Jackson’s charge of property damage from December.

“I don’t think it’s really a distraction at all. I think it was when it first came out, but it happened so long ago and I honestly don’t see any reason to keep talking about it,” Jackson said. “It’s old business.”

Kansas coach Bill Self was asked about Jackson’s comments.

“Anything that’s been written or said certainly is an old hat,” Self said. “I think our guys have heard enough, I don’t think it’s water off their back. I’m proud of how they’ve handled it and I think we’re ready to go.”

Jackson said he didn’t contact his head coach immediately following the December incident, mentioning that he should have.

“One of the things [Self] always tells us is when we find ourselves in a sticky situation is just to give him a call and try to get the best advice we can from him,” Jackson said. “That is one of the things I didn’t do.”

Jackson and the Jayhawks will tip off against the Aggies of UC Davis Friday at 5:50.

Top