You are here
Home > Blog > Kansas Basketball Secures Share of 13th-Straight Big 12 Regular Season Title

Kansas Basketball Secures Share of 13th-Straight Big 12 Regular Season Title

The Kansas men’s basketball team cemented themselves into the history books by defeating TCU 87-68 Wednesday night and clinching a share of the Big 12 regular season title for the 13th consecutive season, tying UCLA’s record from 1967-1979.

Immediately after the game, head coach Bill Self was asked about comparisons to John Wooden and his great UCLA teams.

“Even though we both have 13 consecutive conference championships, he had 10 national championships in 12 years while I only had 1 in 10 years.”

During the game, the Jayhawks got a huge lift from one of their key reserves in Carlton Bragg, who had gone through a Sophomore slump of some sorts, but scored 15 points to tie his career high.

KU fans held their breath in a moment where freshman Josh Jackson fell to the floor after twisting his right ankle, eventually returning to the game.

“I just twisted my ankle. I twisted it a couple days ago in practice so I guess it was a little weak,” Jackson said.

Kansas will travel to Austin next Monday for a matchup against Texas next Monday.

Top