You are here
Home > Blog > Early Voters are Breaking Records Daily

Early Voters are Breaking Records Daily

Twenty-one million people across the country have already voted in this years election. Douglas County is also seeing a large number of early voters.

Douglas County is seeing about 1,000 advanced voters per day. Some said voting early is more convenient. However, others said they made up their minds early.

Douglas County Clerk Jamie Shew said the number of people voting in advance this election year is breaking records every day. So far, 11,000 people have voted and there is still five days left to vote early.

“We are hearing from a lot of the voters also that they kinda made up their mind and they are ready for this election,” Shew said.

Shew said a lot early voters have expressed they are ready for this election to be over. Two early voters went to the polls today and said they had made up their minds made up months ago.

“I just wanted to get it out of the way and I wanted to be sure I got my vote in for Hilary,” Neil Shanberg said.

Lawrence resident Dave Lomis said he has known for a while who he was voting for.

“Oh yeah, I’ve been sure. Make America great again,” Lomis said.

Shew said the number of early voters will continue to increase until Nov. 7, which is the last day to vote in advance. However, he said the overall number of voters may decrease this election year because of the decrease in the number of college students voting. The overall turn out will be significantly lower compared to 2008 if fewer students vote in this election.

Top