You are here
Home > Blog > Cubs Fans Want That 2015 Royal Feeling

Cubs Fans Want That 2015 Royal Feeling

The Kansas City Royals broke their World Series drought last year. It was 30 years between being called champions, but not all KU students tasted the sweet nectar of victory.

“It made me a little jealous. I was down on Mass when the Royals won and I saw that. I was like ‘man I wish that would happen to Wrigleyville,’” KU Junior Bryan Jones said.

Wrigleyville? That’s right, Bryan Jones, though a KU student, hails from the windy city. He has been waiting his whole life for what Royals fans felt last year.

1908 was the last year the Cubs won the World Series. Some say it’s a curse. More specifically, the Curse of the Billy Goat. But no goat is going to stop Cubs’ fans from showing their true colors here at KU.

“It’s good to see that Cubbie blue around here,” Jones said.

There might be more Cubbie blue, but the Cleveland Indians took game 1 of the World Series. A quest at the trophy is something Cleveland hasn’t reached since 1948. But Jones is not looking too much into it. He’s taking it game-by-game.

“I’m not worried it’s only one game. Game two is tonight and game three, four and five are back at the friendly confines of Wrigley Field,” Jones said with a chuckle.

Jones falls in with the majority, Cubs fans aren’t freaking out yet. No matter what, this series will be full of great baseball for any baseball fan because history will be rewritten and a streak will be broken.

Top