You are here
Home > Blog > Wayne Selden Declares for NBA Draft; Will Hire Agent

Wayne Selden Declares for NBA Draft; Will Hire Agent

Wayne Selden has announced that he will be declaring for the 2016 NBA Draft and will be leaving the University of Kansas. KU Athletics released a press release announcing the junior guard is planning to hire an agent in the coming weeks which would cause him to lose his eligibility.

Selden was a three-year starter who averaged 13.8 points per game in his final season at KU. This ranked seventh in the Big 12 this past season.

“I want to thank the Kansas fans for their support as a Jayhawk over the years. The support is unmatched and has been the driving force in games,” Selden said in the release. “I would like to thank each of my brothers. Together we battled through the tough and celebrated the good. Giving our all for one another. I’d also like to thank Coach Self and the entire Kansas basketball staff. I’ve received three years of meaningful experiences and guidance both on and off the court.”

Selden is the second KU underclassman to announce he will be entering the 2016 NBA Draft.  The first was Cheick Diallo, but is the first to say they will hire an agent.

KU Athletics has released a video in which Selden makes his announcement:

Top