You are here
Home > Blog > The “Bucket Man” in Kansas City

The “Bucket Man” in Kansas City

Just like with most people, there is more than meets the eye for Ed Humes.Ed, who lives in downtown Kansas City has been playing his bucket for 8 years.

“I started in Cincinnati, and a guy said, ‘hey man want to make some money?’ I said ‘yea man, what we about to do,” recalls Humes of debut as a street performer. “Grab a bucket and some hangers”

Humes and his buckets have played a lot of areas from Cincinnati, all the way to Vegas. He says he continues to play the bucket because he enjoys the relaxation and the release. But underneath the street performer exterior Humes is also a professional boxer.

“Boxing is nothing but combinations, you’re just making music,” said Humes.

Humes has been boxing since the age of nine and has trained in the TMT (The Money Team) Gym in Las Vegas, which is owned by Floyd Mayweather. Humes proudly wears a pin and a hat from the gym and looks to inspire young boxers in the city.

“I’m trying to get a program here in Kansas City for the kids and some of the money I’m making, I buy boxing equipment.”

Humes is just a man with his bucket looking to make music to help others in his community.

Top