You are here
Home > Blog > Jayhawk Fans in Louisville

Jayhawk Fans in Louisville

LOUISVILLE, Ky. – KU basketball historically travels well, especially in the NCAA tournament. In the Southern Regional this year.

At each site KU plays, the KU alumni association will host a pre-game celebratio near the arena, for all Jayhawk fans. This attracts fans from all over the country.

“Nothing makes me happier than seeing a Jayhawk win,” said Brian Cane a KU graduate who lives in Chicago.

Ray Sellars also is a KU graduate who has traveled to every KU Final Four since 1998 and has been to many of the earlier rounds as well.

“I don’t like to fly so I drive and I’ve been driving for all these games,” said Sellars when asked why.

For almost as long as he has been attending these games he has a different tradition that lasts all season. He refuses to cut his hair due to superstition, “I got a hair cut right before we played Arizona in Memphis and we lost that game and we shouldn’t have lost it. So I no longer get my hair cut during the season,” Sellars said proudly.

If Kansas were to make it to the National Championship in Houston, Sellars plans to drive home to celebrate easter then turn right around to get on the road for Houston. The drive will take over 20 hours just on the road.

Top