You are here
Home > Blog > Brannen Greene Plans to Leave KU

Brannen Greene Plans to Leave KU

Brannen Greene has announced today that the Junior Guard is declaring to the NBA and has plans to hire an agent in the near future. Similar to the Wayne Selden announcement yesterday the news was made by a KU Athletics press release.

Greene is a 6-foot-7 shooting guard who averaged 5.4 points and 2.1 rebound per game. He is a 3- point specialist who shot 49.2 percent from behind the arc in the 2015-16 season for KU. His season-high was an 18 point outing on 6-6 shooting versus Northern Colorado for the season opener while his career high was against Georgetown last year with 19 points on December 10th 2014.

“I want to thank my teammates for all the great times we had and all the battles we went through together. I want to thank the coaches for taking the time to work with me throughout my three years. I definitely want to thank the fans. Running out to 16,000 every night, that won’t be replaced at all in any way. I want to thank the fans and everybody I met across the campus for their support,” said Greene in his press release.

Greene marks the third Jayhawk to announce they will be declaring for the 2016 NBA Draft but is the second that has said they plan to hire an agent, ruining their eligibility.

Greene also released a video through KU Athletics thanking the Jayhawk faithful.

Top