You are here
Home > Blog > Kansas Tops Texas Tech to Win the Big 12 Title

Kansas Tops Texas Tech to Win the Big 12 Title

The Kansas Jayhawks have won yet another Big 12 Conference title at Allen Fieldhouse for twelve straight consecutive years.  In order to keep the momentum going, the Jayhawks must focus on their next two upcoming games to take the Big 12 outright and do well postseason.

“This feels better than a relief. I mean, I’m really proud of our kids. I think that they really tried hard and they’ve given us what they got for the most part, said Coach Bill Self. “Now my concern is making sure they stay hungry because there’s such an emphasis on this is our goal and then you accomplish the goal, and you’re still hungry to move forward. The great teams do. It remains to be seen if we can be a great team, but I think we’ll do the right thing.”

Sophomore guard Svi finished with 17 points and his solid performance ultimately helped the Jayhawks to another win in Allen Fieldhouse.

“Every day in practice, we try to tell him that he’s a great player and great shooter so he keeps going. He’s a huge part of our team.,” said Kansas guard Frank Mason.

The Jayhawks face Texas on ESPN Big Monday at 8 p.m.

Top